Josiah Wedgwood began manufacturing pottery in 1759. His skill as not only a potter, but as a businessman, propelled him to create a successful practice. In 1895, the company name was changed to Josiah Wedgwood and Sons Ltd. Virtually all forms of pottery were made, including teapots, decorative bowls, and vases. Items of note include a light cream-colored earthenware, often called ‘Queens Ware’; the utilization of pearlware, jasperware, and basaltes, an unglazed black stoneware. Their creations extended beyond tableware, as they produced jewelry as well. They fashioned ceramic beads, plaques or cameos into necklaces, rings, brooches, buckles, medallions, combs, and scent bottles.