Phillips Brothers & Son was one of the most important jewelers working in England in the mid to late 19th century. Known for their work in the Revivalist styles, they were inspired by excavations and historic periods, including Assyrian, Etruscan, and Renaissance. The firm was founded in 1839 by the two brothers, Robert and Magnus, and later joined by Robert’s son, Albert. Their professional connections and friendships included Fortunato Castellani and Carlo Guiliano. In 1867, Robert Phillips won gold medal at the Paris Exposition for his work in the Revivalist style. Today, his work is collected and worn by antique jewelry connoisseurs and graces several important museum collections, such as The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York and The British Museum, London

The work of the Phillips Brothers in The illustrated catalogue of the Universal exhibition, published with the Art journal 1867-1868 published by London: Virtue and Co.