German architect Bruno Paul was also an illustrator, interior designer, and furniture designer. Trained at the Kunstgewerbeschule in Dresden and the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich, he went on to co-found the Munich Vereinigte Werkstätten für Kunst im Handwerk and the Deutscher Werkbund. A progenitor of the Modern Movement, his simple, functional, and elegant designs were attuned to the needs and desires of the middle class. Alois and Gustava Landerer commissioned him to design two homes for them in the 1930s, one in Prague, the other in Breslau. The present lot includes period documentation from both projects. Alois built his fortune as a wholesale merchant of timber and timber processing tools, including mechanical saws and planes, and from 1927 to 1938 he was also the consul of Lithuania in Breslau. He and Gustava decorated their homes with furniture by Paul and fine art by Max Slevogt, Max Liebermann, Lovis Corinth, Otto Mueller, and Adolphe Monticelli, among others.